There are moments, sometimes fleeting and some lingering, that cripple me inside. Moments that arise when I see my strong, healthy husband, attached to a drip of poison. Moments that arise when I look at our one year old son and I wonder what tomorrow holds. Fear, fear rises up in my throat and threatens to choke me on its bitter and foul being. There are moments when I cannot see how any good can ever come from the heartache and suffering I see, not just in our situation, but also in the faces and lives of dear friends who are facing similar struggles.
When I feel crippled, when I feel despair in the long road we have before us and it feels like there is no end in sight, I remember the words of Jesus. John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” He has overcome the world!!! There is NOTHING more freeing than knowing Christ has already overcome the troubles of this world.
My heart can rejoice in knowing that we are already victorious. The road is long, the way is hard, but we are already victorious.
My heart goes out to you and your dear family!! Please know that your words which come from the depths of your soul are Christ given!! It is evident that His Holy Spirit is working in you "both to will and to do for His good pleasure"! Thank you for sharing your heart!! Encouragement for all!! Praying for your dear family! Love in Christ, Pam
ReplyDeleteI am continuing to pray that this road will come to an abrupt halt with total and complete healing, and won't be a long hard road at all. Praying for you.
ReplyDelete