Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Husband

Since I wrote about my dog I figured it was only fair to write something about my other half.
I have been extremely blessed to be married to my best friend for 4 years now. We celebrated our anniversary in May and it is hard to believe that 4 years have already passed, and at the same time it feels much longer. (in a good way of course!) I have been thinking a lot about marriage lately as I am helping my bestest girl friend get ready for her wedding on Saturday. I am so excited for the adventure she and her soon to be are getting ready to go on, and it has reminded me of the one I am currently traveling.
It is so easy to allow life to move in between my husband and I, and if I'm not careful, we become room-mates instead of partners. I try to make a concious effort to let Jason know everyday that he is important and special to me, and that I appreciate how hard he works so that we can have the life we do.
A good friend once told me that God has a plan for my marriage, but so does Satan. Praying for my marriage everyday is a good way to ensure that God stays in control and doesn't give footholds to anger, bitterness or temptation.
But, back to my husband. I have married a true renaissance man. I don't think he has ever come across something that he could not do, and do well with minimal instruction. I tease him that the only thing I can do better is wrap presents and crochet. (although I think he could pass me up with minimal effort, but I'll never tell) He is the most kind hearted, loyal and loving man I have ever encountered. He is my heart and the greatest blessing in my life.

My bearded man, a couple summers ago.


Our trip to the snow in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment