Why is it so hard to start something new? To face new times, decades, territories, cities, relationships... you name it. Starting new is HARD. I have been contemplating a new start for quite awhile now. I'm not really sure how it will look, or even what my first step should be. I think this is where I get stuck. I can see what I want and where I want to be, but not how to get there. The "getting there" is the unfamiliar territory and is, because of the unfamiliarity, filled with fear.
Fear. This has been my Achilles heel for a great deal of my life. Once upon a time, when I was younger and barefooted, roaming the mountains side with my brothers, I was fearless. There was no hillside too steep, no rock gap to big, no creek to deep and cold, that I would not venture into it. Somewhere along the way I lost my courage, my "muchness" (to borrow from Alice in Wonderland) and have settled into a life of fear.
I am well aware that I was not given a spirit of fear, and the God never meant for me to live a life this way. However, it is a hard cycle to break out of. There is always that nagging voice at the back of my mind, telling me I will fail so why even try. Telling me I'm not good enough, nobody will care, nobody will come to see, or even, if you try that you will get hurt and then what?
Seeing as how it is the beginning of a new year, I have decided that 2012 is the year of "no fear". I will not allow it to take over my life anymore. I know it will creep in from time to time, trying to sell me those same old lies, but this year I'm not buying! I will try something new, I will love with abandon. I will hope beyond reason. I will start new adventures even though I don't know how they will end. In essence, 2012 will be my year of new beginnings, and courage. I am starting a new decade in July, and I will not be afraid of getting older. I am starting a new health routine, something that includes realistic goals and not being afraid of blowing it once in awhile. I am opening myself up to the hope of new destinations and callings in my life, and I will not be afraid of where God leads, even if it is not where I hope to go. (Which I'm sure it won't always be.)
Here's to you my friends, I hope you journey with me, and in your ways make 2012 a year of "no fear"!
I will always be here to love and support you in any way I can. I am so very proud of you and thankful to call you my daughter and friend.
ReplyDeletexoxo Mom