Why oh why does it seem like, once I have a path that I am going down, a change of direction is thrown my way. Not necessarily a bad change, but a change none the less.
I have been doing well with the weight loss program and am down about 10 pounds! HOORAY!!! And I am continuing with my exercise and eating healthy, which has turned out to be easier than I originally thought it would be.
However, my change of direction came about 5 weeks ago, when that little home test read pregnant! Yep, Jason and I are expecting! Baby Jones, or "bean" as I call it, will be gracing this world in late October.
So, all my planning and getting healthy is still very much in the picture, I will just be walking the Wharf to Wharf again this year, which I feel just fine about since I will be 7 months along.
We are so thrilled to be pregnant and the thought of being a Momma is both wonderful and frightening. I am constantly amazed at what is taking place inside my body. 9 1/2 weeks ago, this baby was a bundle of cells dividing and now it has arms and legs and a very strong heartbeat, a brain and spine and kidneys! Not too mention all the other organs and tissues and finger nails it has developed!
We are so excited to meet our new little person and find out who (and what) it is! While I can't wait for October to get here, I am enjoying every moment while this little bean is only mine. I don't, and can't, share it with anyone else right now. No one else gets to hold bean, only me, and I am cherishing this time of being pregnant.
So, this change of direction has come, but I'm looking at it as more of a pit stop than a fork in the road. Every goal I made in January is still very much valid and true, it has just been bumped back a few months. ;)
I am so totally beyond happy for you, Bek. (As evidenced by me screaming in your ear when we talked on the phone on Saturday!) If you ever want a walking buddy, hit me up while I'm still here! Love you, friend!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...I don't even have words. Praise God Almighty. I am so thrilled for you guys. I want to reach through the computer and hug you right now:)
ReplyDeleteOh Happy Day! I am excited and so joyful for you and Jason. Lucky baby bean.
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations to you guys!
ReplyDelete